Our client is a large, highly regarded business, with a long history and strong reputation in providing innovative dry hire plant and equipment solutions throughout Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia, New South Wales and Queensland, for more than 30 years.
With continued growth and increasing demand for its services, an exciting opportunity exists within the Engineering and Asset Management Department in Ballarat, for a seasoned Mechanical Engineering professional to join the business as the Engineering and Asset Management Manager and provide leadership and oversight to the Asset Fabrication, Procurement, Technical Inspection and Support, Innovation & Design teams.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and with responsibility for 4 Direct Reports, this pivotal role sees the Engineering and Asset Management Manager leading, supporting and mentoring the managers within the Engineering and Asset Management Department, providing oversight of the daily department operations and key deliverables, while developing client and stakeholder relationships to support the business in achieving its on-going strategic objectives and long-term vision.
The Right Person:
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (preferred)
- Experience with heavy vehicles, plant and equipment
- Ability to solve problems and provide engineering and design solutions
- Proven People Management experience, with the ability to provide leadership, effective communication, and appropriate resources to diverse teams with varied levels of experience
- Proven business leadership acumen with a focus on profitable and commercial outcomes for the business and its Customers
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, combined with strong negotiation skills and an innovative approach to solving problems
- Ability to ensure appropriate service delivery consistent with strategic objectives and service expectations
- Current Drivers’ Licence
- Attractive remuneration commensurate to experience
- Great autonomy to truly make the role your own
- Access to ongoing learning and professional development opportunities
This position also offers an exciting tree change opportunity and the chance to achieve a positive work-life balance, living and working in picturesque Regional Victoria.
To learn more about Ballarat and all that it has to offer, please visit www.ballarat.com.au
The Application Process
For further details and a copy of the Position Description, contact Zoe Allan at Milano Partners 0417 558 531