Vitrafy Life Sciences is an Australian-based, globally-oriented Medical Life Sciences business, focused on the advancement of biomedical cryopreservation.
This dynamic, cutting-edge business is currently experiencing an exciting period of growth and development and is looking for an experienced Electronics Engineer, to join its Ballarat operation.
The Electronics Engineer will work closely with Vitrafy Life Sciences’ Technical and Clinical Teams on a variety of projects and integrations between projects.
This pivotal role will see the Electronics Engineer taking the lead on key projects and assisting in the design, development, maintenance and commissioning of Internet of Things (IoT) devices, networks and systems.
The role leverages a wide range of platforms to compliment, improve, optimise and support Vitrafy Life Sciences’ current and future business operations and provides advice, insight and consultation to Board Members and the Executive Team, as required.
The Key Accountabilities
- Hardware Systems, Software Design and Development
- Technical Analysis, Systems Control and Testing
- Technical Consultation and Collaboration
This role will suit someone with a passion for all things tech and a natural curiosity about how things work and how technology can be used to create efficiencies and optimise project outcomes.
The Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or an equivalent technical field
- 3+ years of practical experience working in the field
- Postgraduate studies will be highly regarded
The Technical Knowledge
- Computer programming, programming languages and network, device and data security
- IoT architecture and principles
- Environmental Sensing technologies – Ideally passive technologies (Energy Scavenging/Harvesting, WISP, RFID-SAW, RFID-RAIN)
- Microcontroller prototyping
- System board development and System on a Chip (SoC) integration design and development
- Wireless communications
- RFID / NFC
- Bluetooth / WiFi
- Cellular technologies
- Low power technologies and Battery Management Systems (BMS)
- Connectivity standards
- Protocol and API development
- Telemetry communication networks (LAN, WAN and LPWAN) and Location technologies (GPS and A-GPS)
- Instrumentation interfacing and protocols (RS485, Modbus, 4-20mA, SDI-12, MQTT, LWM2M)
- Encryption, cryptography and secure communications
- Sensors, Big Data and Machine Learning algorithms
- Front-end and back-end systems, as well as custom-built firmware and hardware
- Demonstrated ability and experience in hardware and software problem solving
- The chance to elevate your career in a cutting-edge business, while enjoying a regional lifestyle and a good work-life balance
- High level of autonomy and a chance to truly make the role your own
- Long-term career development opportunities
The Next Steps
If you’re looking for a varied position in a cutting-edge business, with great autonomy and room for growth, apply now or contact Zoe Allan at Milano Partners on 0417 558 531 for further details.