Your New Company
Vitrafy Life Sciences is an Australian based, globally oriented Life Sciences business, focused on the advancement of biomedical cryopreservation.
This dynamic, cutting-edge business is currently experiencing an exciting period of growth and development and is looking for an experienced Electronics Engineer, to join its Ballarat operation.
Your New Role
This pivotal role will see you working closely with Vitrafy Life Sciences’ Technical and Clinical Teams on a variety of projects and integrations between projects.
The Electronics Engineer will also take the lead on key projects and assist in the design, development, maintenance and commissioning of Internet of Things (IoT) devices, networks and systems.
You will also leverage a wide range of platforms to compliment, improve, optimise and support Vitrafy Life Sciences’ current and future business operations and provide advice, insight and consultation to Board Members and the Executive Team, as required.
Your Key Accountabilities
- Hardware Systems, Software Design and Development
- Technical Analysis, Systems Control and Testing
- Technical Consultation and Collaboration
This role will suit someone with a passion for all things tech and a natural curiosity about how things work and how technology can be used to create efficiencies and optimise project outcomes.
What You’ll Need
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to be a part of an innovative business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science
- 3+ years of practical experience working in the field
- Previous experience in the Medical Sector will be highly regarded
- Computer programming, programming languages, network, device and data security
- IoT architecture and principles
- Environmental Sensing technologies – Ideally passive technologies (Energy Scavenging/Harvesting, WISP, RFID-SAW, RFID-RAIN)
- Microcontroller prototyping
- System board development and System on a Chip (SoC) integration design and development
- Wireless communications
- RFID / NFC
- Bluetooth / WiFi
- Cellular technologies
- Low power technologies and Battery Management Systems (BMS)
- Connectivity standards
- Protocol and API development
- Telemetry communication networks (LAN, WAN and LPWAN) and Location technologies (GPS and A-GPS)
- Instrumentation interfacing and protocols (RS485, Modbus, 4-20mA, SDI-12, MQTT, LWM2M)
- Encryption, cryptography and secure communications
- Sensors, Big Data and Machine Learning algorithms
- Front-end and back-end systems, as well as custom-built firmware and hardware
- Demonstrated experience in hardware and software problem solving
What’s On Offer
- Competitive remuneration and flexible work arrangements
- The chance to elevate your career in a cutting-edge business
- High level of autonomy and long-term career development
Full-time, part-time and flexible working arrangements are available, depending on individual circumstances
This position also offers an exciting tree change opportunity in picturesque Regional Victoria, with the chance to enjoy a good work-life balance and a rewarding lifestyle.
To learn more about Ballarat and all that it has to offer, please visit www.ballarat.com.au
The Next Steps
If you’re looking for a varied and rewarding position, in a business where your efforts will be truly recognised and rewarded, apply now or contact Zoë Allan at Milano Partners on 0417 558 531 for further details.
Applications Close: 5pm Friday, August 19, 2022.