Established in Ballarat in 2004, this highly regarded Accounting Firm has a strong reputation for providing dedicated Accounting and Business Advisory services to a broad client group throughout Ballarat, Regional Victoria and Australia, across a wide range of industry sectors.
With continuing growth and a high demand for its services, this successful business currently has a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced and dedicated Senior Accounting professional to join as an Accounting Manager and help take things to the next level!
Reporting to the Directors and working in close collaboration with the leadership group, this multifaceted role will see you delivering high quality, specialised accounting services to your clients, while guiding and supporting the daily operations and on-going development of a team of committed Accounting professionals with varied skills and experience.
A typical day will see you:
- Actively training, guiding and supporting your team in day-to-day service delivery, while leading by example in the provision of specialised accounting services to your clients, within your area of expertise
- Helping plan and manage workflows within the team to ensure weekly/monthly objectives are achieved
- Collaborating and connecting with key members of the leadership team and other senior finance professionals
- Actively participating in the recruitment, induction, development and mentoring of the accounting team
- Ensuring regular feedback to the team regarding their individual performance
- Seeking to improve the client experience, grow the customer base and develop strategic alliances within current and new markets
- Optimising internal processes and procedures
- Assisting the Directors to develop and implement strategic business plans
- Ensuring relevant Industry knowledge is expanded and updated by attending Industry training, reading relevant Industry material and maintaining an awareness of industry developments
- Promoting Sharp Accounting through involvement with community and industry organisations
The Right Person
The successful candidate will be CA or CPA qualified with at least 5 years’ experience as a Public Practice Accountant, with relevant academic qualifications and prior experience managing or overseeing the work of accounting professionals with varying skill sets, in the Public Practice space.
You will have a strong interpersonal style, a results-focused approach and a passion for leadership and empowering people to be their best, while delivering high quality, accounting and business advisory solutions.
An Excellent working knowledge of Practice Management Software/MYOB Accountants Office and Client Accounting packages (MYOB, Quickbooks, Xero) are also essential requirements of this pivotal senior role.
- Competitive remuneration and great autonomy to make the role your own, with support and mentoring from a group of dedicated senior accounting professionals with more than 50 years’ combined experience
- A dedicated administrative support team
- Career progression and development opportunities
- Opportunity to work with an impressive client group, while representing this reputable brand and successful, growing business
The Next Steps
Don’t miss this unique, long-term opportunity to make your mark in a business where your efforts will be truly recognised and rewarded.
For further details and a copy of the Position Description, please contact Zoe Allan at Milano Partners on 0417 558 531 or firstname.lastname@example.org